Unique Ways to Renovate Your Home on a Budget.
Similar to all aspects of our life, change in the home is inevitable. Property is a huge investment regardless, so when it comes to renovating your home, there are a number of things to consider. Primarily, the three main reasons as to why homeowners opt to renovate their home comes down to either the fact, they are selling their property, trying to add value to the house, or they are looking to modernise or redesign their home as it may be outdated. Whatever the reason, renovation projects are often a huge challenge, and most hold off on beginning due to the financial requirements. Although you may feel as though the easy option is to simply move house and start over- there is always the option to improve! Renovating your house on a budget can seem like a near-impossible task, however it can be easily achieved if you know the small tips and tricks. Here we have compiled our top unique ways to renovate your home on a budget.
Improving the Properties Kerb Appeal:
The exterior of your home is the first impression prospective buyers, guests and passersby have to your home. This is also known as ‘kerb appeal’. The exterior of your property is often an indication of what the interior of your home will look like, so it's worthwhile spending time ensuring that it sends the right message. A few ways to upgrade and improve the kerb appeal of your home is by:
- Gardening: Flowers, trees and your lawn are an easy way to make the front of your home look beautiful and inviting. Spend time planting flowers that bloom, ensuring the lawn is trimmed, and that the cars on the drive are in a presentable state.
- Upgrading Your Front Door: Your front door is one of the first impressions people will have of your property. It may sound obvious, but as the front door is the entryway to your home, it’s a good indication of how the interior looks. Pay attention to things such as doorbells, doorknobs and locks. Additionally, adding a coat of paint to the door will bring some life into it.
- Fix the Drive: If your drive is looking a little worse for wear, then there are easy ways to make it look somewhat brand new and refreshed. Firstly, give the drive a clean with a jet wash, or, if the area needs a little DIY, then slate tiles are an affordable option that can be easily used to cover the concrete.
When it comes to house sales, your bathroom is one of the most important rooms. When it comes to the bathroom, there needs to be a harmonious balance between style and functionality- which can be a deal breaker for many buyers. Even if you have no intention of selling your home, we all desire a bathroom that is a luxurious place for us to unwind, relax and freshen up. Here are a few quick ways to spruce up your bathroom:
- Repaint Your Bathroom Walls: It’s amazing what a fresh lick of paint can do. A cheap and easy way to bring some life back into your bathroom is to add a fresh coat of paint to the walls. Just note, if you’re selling, then you may want to stick to neutral colours. But if you’re planning on staying, why not go wild with a little colour?
- Add a New Bathroom Frame: If you have had your bathroom mirror for a while, then it's likely that it's began to wear and tear. Instead of replacing the whole mirror, a cheap and quick way to fix this is by adding a new frame.
- Replace Fixtures: Fixtures in the bathroom, such as taps and door handles can be a huge giveaway to our bathrooms outdated look. A way to keep on top of details and ensure the room looks brand new is to replace the fixtures with things that complement the rooms aesthetic.
Renovate the Kitchen:
On parr with the bathroom, the design of your kitchen has the power to make or break a sales deal. Kitchens have become a space that is not only for cooking and cleaning, but also for socialising, hosting events and spending time with loved ones. As its one of the most used rooms in the house, its unsurprising that over time it can look a little worse for wear. A few ways to improve your kitchen is by:
- Upgrade Your Backsplash: Thankfully, stick on backsplash is here to answer our prayers. It’s a quick and affordable way to spruce up your kitchen in a matter of minutes, and the beauty of decorative backsplash is that there are a plethora of decorative vinyl peel and stick faux tiles to choose from.
- Improve Lighting: Lighting is always a key way to improve any part of your home. But when it comes to the kitchen, it's important to have options. Although you may need bright lighting for cooking, you may want to dim the lights to create a relaxing ambiance for the times when you are socialising.
- Reorganise Your Kitchen: Sometimes a declutter is all you need. By reorganising the kitchen layout, you can create new dimensions and a different layout to the room- offering versatility and a sense of freshness to the room. It's also the most inexpensive way to renovate your kitchen space.
This article was written by a quick house sale company We Buy Any House. If you’re wondering “how can I sell my house fast?”, head to their website for more information relating to all property related enquiries.